Blackburn midfielder Brett Emerton is available following his return from international duty.
Jermaine Jones has recovered from a back spasm suffered against Tottenham, but Gael Givet is still sidelined.
Doubtful: Figueroa (hamstring)
Injured: Alcaraz (ankle), G Caldwell (fractured cheekbone), Cleverley (hamstring)
Doubtful: Formica & Rochina (both fitness)
Injured: P Jones (knee), Givet & Santa Cruz (both groin)
A first win of 2011 and a route out of the bottom three is the target for Wigan as they entertain Lancashire rivals Blackburn.
We're playing at home, we'll have our fans behind us and we need to dictate the game to make sure it is us who decide which way the game goes
Roberto Martinez's side are bottom of the Premier League form guide after a winless run that now stands at seven matches since a Boxing Day win at bottom club Wolves.
But with West Ham and Birmingham set to meet on Sunday and Mick McCarthy's Wolves facing unbeaten Manchester United, the visit of an inconsistent Rovers offers the Latics the ideal opportunity to break free of the relegation mire.
Steve Kean's Blackburn side have been beaten eight times on their travels this season - only bottom-of-the-table Wolves have lost more away games - and they have enjoyed limited success at the DW Stadium in recent seasons, with no wins there since 2007.
Kean was frustrated with his side's lack of sharpness in front of goal against Tottenham in midweek, but believes it could be up to three weeks before new signings Mauro Formica and Ruben Rochina are ready to bolster their attack.
• This is only the 12th league meeting between these sides. Wigan have won two, Blackburn seven and there have been two draws.
• Rovers are unbeaten in their last four encounters with Wigan, winning three and drawing the other.
• Wigan have only won one of their last 12 league fixtures (W1, D6, L5).
• The Latics have the weakest attack in the division, scoring 22 goals in 25 games.
• Hugo Rodallega has scored 19 Premier League goals for Wigan, one short of Henri Camara's club record of 20.
• Rovers have lost all 10 league games this season when they have conceded the opening goal.
• They have lost four of their last seven Premier League matches, failing to score in each.
• Blackburn have conceded 27 goals away from home in the league - only Aston Villa (30) have conceded more on the road.
Rodallega: 6 goals (6 league); N'Zogbia: 5 goals (4 league)
Mame Diouf: 6 goals (3 league); Kalinic: 5 goals (4 league)
Referee: Mike Dean
Assistant referees: Dean Mohareb & Glenn Turner
Fourth official: Craig Pawson
LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
Wigan (D2-2 v West Brom, a): Al Habsi, Boyce, Gohouri, Gary Caldwell, Figueroa (Steven Caldwell 70), McCarthy (Thomas 62), Watson, Diame, N'Zogbia, Rodallega, Di Santo (Moses 76). Subs not used: Pollitt, Gomez, McArthur, Stam.
Blackburn (L0-1 v Tottenham, h): Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson, Andrews, Dunn (Pedersen 67), Jermaine Jones (Nzonzi 64), Hoilett, Roberts, Diouf (Mwaruwari 81). Subs not used: Bunn, Kalinic, Grella, Hanley.
Source: BBC Sport
Source: BBC Sport