Blackburn 1-2 Burnley- Match Report

Ings goal is derby decider Danny Ings netted the winner as Burnley came back from a goal down to beat Blackburn 2-1 in the East Lancashire derby for the first time since April 1979.Ings latched onto a loose ball to stroke home 11 minutes from time, moments after Jason Shackell's header had brought the scores level.Rovers took a first-half lead thanks a clinical Jordan Rhodes goal - his second of 2014 - but Burnley 's comeback epitomised the character displayed by promotion contenders.The win puts the Clarets eight points clear of third place in the Sky Bet Championship, and extends their unbeaten league run to 12 games.Rovers boss Gary Bowyer made five changes from last week's thumping at Bolton

Captain Grant Hanley returned from injury while on-loan Manchester United defender Michael Keane was drafted straight in for his debut.By contrast, Burnley manager Sean Dyche named an unchanged side for the eighth consecutive game, but he had goalkeeper Tom Heaton to thank for keeping the scores level early on, as he got down to scramble away a glancing Rhodes header.Burnley had the ball in the net after six minutes when Sam Vokes turned in Scott Arfield's cross from close range but offside was given - a close decision.The Clarets went close again but Kieran Trippier's cross was headed onto the roof of the net by Arfield.Rovers had lost one of their previous 10 home games in all competitions but could have gone behind after 19 minutes when Tommy Spurr dallied and saw his clearance charged into the path of Ings, who could only fire wide.But it was Rovers who struck first after 24 minutes

Jason Lowe crossed for Rhodes who did well to make space before clinically hammering into the bottom left corner from inside the area.Rovers were given a massive let-off six minutes before the break after Craig Conway's backpass found Ings clean through but Paul Robinson saved with his legs.And they would have been further behind two minutes before half time but Ben Mee got back to clear Lowe's effort off the line.In a frantic start to the second half, Bowyer's side missed a superb chance when Arfield's poor pass was intercepted and Rhodes was sent clean through but his effort cannoned back off the post and was cleared.But Burnley turned the game on its head in the space of six minutes.First, Ross Wallace's superb free-kick was met by a towering header from Shackell after 73 minutes for his second of the season.And the turnaround was complete when Wallace's low cross was kept alive and the prolific Ings reacted to slide in his 25th goal of the season.Blackburn rallied and Lowe's injury-time thunderbolt forced Heaton into a fine fingertip save as Burnley held on

Source : PA

Source: PA